We all know that sticking to a healthy eating plan can be a challenge during the holiday season. Although the next couple of months will be jam-packed with fun and festivities aimed at a derailing your diet, don’t worry! You don’t have to be the Grinch or give up your goals. With these tips you can enjoy the holidays and keep your fitness in check too!
- Focus first on family and friends, rather than food. The holidays are a time to catch up with loved ones. With the hustle and bustle of the holidays it’s important to simply remind yourself of the big picture.
- Worried about the selection of food? Bring your favorite healthy dish! This will free the stress and temptation of indulging into a food choice you know you’ll regret. Try our deviled eggs for a healthy crowd pleaser!
- Take a Peek! Briefly scan of the different food items offered before you fill start filling your plate and prioritize filling up on what’s best for you first. It’s easier to make good choices when you’ve fueled up properly first.
- Keep your distance! When chatting with family and friends, it is a good idea to stay arm’s length away from the munchies. Out of sight, out of mind.
- Pick and Choose. Enjoying your favorite foods is part of holiday fun, and prioritizing what’s important for you and what you can skip keeps unnecessary noshing at bay.
- Wear a little bling! Keep a bracelet, watch or ring on as a visible reminder to yourself to eat in moderation and keep your goals in mind.
Sarah Mattison Berndt, MS, RD, CD
Owner Fit Fresh Cuisine & Hybrid Athletic Club