With most Americans falling short on the recommended four daily servings, spring is a great time to step to veggies! Think outside the breakfast-box with these easy, very-veggie breakfast ideas:
- Stuff a baked sweet potato with roasted vegetables, scrambled eggs & a dollop of plain yogurt.
- Consider these combos in your next smoothie: cooked beets with berries, steamed carrots with mango & pineapple, or fennel with apple & peaches.
- Enjoy a breakfast stir fry made with eggs & sautéed vegetables over quinoa or brown rice.
- Crunch on a side of vegetables instead of fruit such as breakfast slaw made with shredded jicama and carrot or zucchini and apple.
- Dress up your avocado toast with sliced radish, tomato, roasted broccoli or cauliflower.
- Stuff a pita with scrambled egg or tofu and any assorted cooked veggies for a healthy option on the go!