This fall don’t forget to get that heart rate pumping! There are so many different ways to stay active into the fall months. Grab a friend and pick your favorite workout or activity – it’s easier than you think. We’ve compiled a list of a variety of activities to keep your fitness in check as fall approaches!
- A study in 2009 found that walking for about 15 minutes after a meal can improve digestion and blood sugar control.
- No equipment needed for this one.
- Grab your family and make it a part of your nightly routine.
- This is also a great way to unwind and de-stress before bed.
- Running requires nothing but you and a pair of sneakers (and maybe some headphones and a killer playlist).
- Using a running calculator will help you find a pace that works best for you and what you’re trying to accomplish.
- Running outside is a fun way to enjoy the beautiful fall scenery and fresh air around you.
- This one can be done on a mat or carpet right in your own home.
- Pilates has several health benefits such as: improving flexibility, increasing muscle strength, improving balance, and more.
- Founder, Joseph Pilates recommends doing this exercise four times a week for ten minutes which will “Find your body development approaching the ideal, accompanied by renewed mental vigor and spiritual enhancement” according to his book, “Return to Life through Contrology”.
- Its calming effects can leave you feeling relaxed and ready for your day.
- Feel free to get creative with this one. If you have a gym membership, hop on a stair climber, elliptical, or treadmill for a killer burn.
- Cardio improves your endurance during workouts, burns calories, but also boosts the health of your heart and lungs (two very important body parts).
- Consuming protein after a workout like this allows your muscles to recover from the workout they just participated in as well as decreasing soreness.