Elevate your chicken salad with a pop of curry and spice! This kale salad is loaded with protein, fiber and nutrients to keep you full, fit and on top of your culinary game.
Curried Chicken Salad
2 chicken breasts, baked or boiled, cooled and cubed
1 head Lacinato Kale, washed, deveined and chopped
½ c. olive oil
⅛ c. white wine vinegar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
¼ c. chutney (optional)
3 Tbsp curry powder
1 c. diced celery
1 c. diced cucumber
¼ c. chopped scallions
¼ c. dried cranberries or golden raisins
1 c. Maple Sriracha Pecans (see recipe below)
- In a large salad bowl, combine the curry powder, chutney, salt, pepper, vinegar and whisk in the olive oil to emulsify it into the dressing.
- Add the chicken, celery, cucumber, scallions and cranberries (or raisins) to the bowl and stir well to coat each piece with the dressing. Do the same with the kale.
- Serve in a chilled salad bowl and top with the Maple Sriracha Pecans.
Maple Sriracha Pecans Recipe
1 c. pecan pieces
2 Tbsp maple syrup (sugar free ok)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
¼ tsp sea salt
- In a small bowl, stir together the maple syrup and sriracha and set it aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a large saute pan over medium heat so the oil doesn’t smoke. Add the pecan pieces and toast them, stirring occasionally until all sides are browned.
- Add the maple-sriracha sauce to the pecans and stir well to coat each piece. Cook until the mixture begins to adhere to the pecans (about 1-2 minutes).
- Remove immediately from the stove top, pour over a plate to cool and sprinkle with sea salt.
Dallas Fitness and Nutrition Coach