Start to finish time: 30 minutes
Servings: Four 2-strawberry servings
- 8 extra-large strawberries, 1 1/2 inches in diameter
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon light agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ounce dry-roasted unsalted almonds, about 24 whole almonds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Cut green tips off strawberries, creating a flat base. Use a paring knife to carefully poke a small hole in the center of the flat base and twist, exposing the hollow center of the strawberries.
- Place strawberries onto a paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
- Mix Greek yogurt, agave nectar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Spoon mixture into small plastic resealable bag and cut a small hole at the tip of the bag.
- Pour almonds into another small sealable plastic bag and press out any trapped air. Seal the bag and lay it out flat on the counter. Run a rolling pin forcefully over the bag until nuts are finely crushed, or pound with a heavy water bottle if you don’t have a rolling pin. Place crushed almonds into a small bowl.
- Fill strawberries with creamy yogurt mixture by inserting the tip of the piping bag into the hole at the base, squeezing gently as you pull the bag away from the berry. Set it aside and repeat for all remaining berries.
- Melt dark chocolate in a microwave in 15-second increments, stirring between increments until chocolate is thoroughly melted.
- Lay a sheet of wax paper out on your counter top as a cooling spot for dipped strawberries.
- Dip stuffed strawberries into the melted chocolate by holding the tip of the strawberry and dipping just the base. After dipping in chocolate, quickly dunk each chocolate-covered strawberry in crushed almonds. Place each coated strawberry on the wax paper.
- Mix any extra crushed almonds with the leftover yogurt mixture and use it as a dip for your strawberries.
Nutritional Data Per Serving:
- Calories: 156
- Total Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 12.8mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 17.9g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.4g
- Sugars: 12.3g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Carbs 37.8%
- Fat: 53.7%
- Protein 8.5%
- Vitamin C: 51.1%