There are a variety of tasty foods to enjoy that facilitate the release of toxins from your body. Stick with fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds eaten in their natural state. Make sure to stay properly hydrated by drinking at least eight glasses of fluids a day to facilitate the flushing of toxins out of your body. Detox diets are not suitable for everyone, so check with your doctor before embarking on a cleansing regimen.
- Apples are full of pectin, a form of fiber that helps rid the body of toxic substances.
- Cranberries offer support to your urinary tract system by flushing out toxins.
- Lemons are detox powerhouses; loaded with vitamin C, they increase the body’s production of glutathione, which helps flush toxins from the liver.
- Pineapple is rich in bromelain, an enzyme that digests proteins and is useful in reducing excess nasal mucus.
- Cabbage helps regulate intestinal bacteria levels due to its sulfur compounds and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Celery’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties cleanse the blood of impurities.
- Kale packs a detox double punch; it’s high in fiber, which keeps your bowels working efficiently and it also supports detoxification at the cellular level due to natural compounds called isothiocyanates.
- Artichokes contain cynarin, a phytochemical with antioxidant properties that improves the detox function of the liver by regulating bile flow.
- Herbs add flavor and a detox boost to your cleansing diet.
- Garlic’s antioxidant properties help rid the liver of toxins.
- Cilantro speeds up the expulsion of toxic metals such as mercury and lead that build up in the body’s tissues.
- Turmeric contains curcumin, which assists in the detoxification and regeneration of the liver and reduces the impact of metal toxicity and beta-amyloid plaques on the brain.
Nuts and Seeds
- Brazil nuts are packed with selenium, which helps rid the body of mercury.
- Nuts are high in fat and calories so consume them in moderation.
- The gelatinous mucilaginous fiber found in flaxseeds facilitates a smooth and steady expulsion of waste from your digestive system.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E and selenium, both of which support the liver’s detoxification process.